Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi is the best flying academy in India. If you are looking for best flying club in India, Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi is the place you need to be. Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi commonly known as IGRUA was established on November 07, 1985. The Foundation stone was laid by Honorable Prime Minister Of India, Late Captain Rajiv Gandhi.
Best Flying Club In India
IGRUA is the best flying club in India. It is located at Fursatganj District Raebareli Uttar Pradesh and comes under the control of Ministry of Civil Aviation. IGRUA has entered into management contract to improve IGRUA standards to world class. Foreign Nationalities like Afghanistan, Mauritius, Zambia, Royal Nepal Airlines & Seachelleous have also undergone Pilot Training at IGURA.
Number Of Aircraft
IGRUA has 4 different top-end aircraft in their fleet.
- Diamond DA-40 Aircraft:- The latest addition to the fleet, which helps for ab-initio flying training. It combines with latest EFIS GARMIN 1000 which helps in understanding more complex aviation flying instrumentation, navigation.
- Diamond DA-42 Aircraft:- The latest addition to the fleet, which helps for ab-initio flying training. It combines with latest EFIS GARMIN 1000 which helps in understanding more complex aviation flying instrumentation, navigation.
- Trinidad TB-20 Aircraft:- TB-20 Aircraft is used for initial flying training and is a delight to fly. It’s a luxury in its kind and is costly to fly.
- Zlin Z 242 L Aircraft:- TB-20 is a delight to fly but comes with a big price to pay, so Zlin Z 242 Aircraft was added to the fleet which helped in ab-initio flying training.
Note: King Air C-90 is no more operational at IGRUA
Courses Offered at IGRUA
- CPL (Commercial Pilot Training)
- Simulator Training
- Multi engine Endorsement
- Instrument Rating
- Refresher Course for Chief Flying Instructor
- CRM Workshop
- MCC Course
- Ground Training for Prospective Flying instructors
- License issue / renewal tests
- CPL Training for foreign nations as per nations requirements
The Commercial Pilot License Training Course is carried out in IGRUA for a period of 18 months. During the first three months of the course the trainees are taught with the Ground Training Facility in which they are taught about various subjects like Air Navigation, Principles of Flight, Technical, Aviation Meteorology, Air Regulations and Radio Telephony Restricted (A). Then the next phase of the course is Flying Training.
Ground Training (Duration)
|Subjects||No. of Lectures (1 Hour Each)|
|Air Frames & Engines (Tech. Gen.)||110|
|Tech. Specific DA40,DA42, TB – 20||80|
|Cockpit Resource Management||35|
- 20 hours Pilot Flying on Cockpit Procedure Trainer (CPT) for single engine aircraft
- 20 hours Pilot Flying on twin engine simulator
The flying training at IGRUA is carried by a team of highly qualified professionals, and detailed instructions of CGI are given and four other specialist permanent faculty members are there to make you a professional pilot. On regular basis experts are invited to take up classes in CRM, Air Safety and Laws. A total of 556 lectures are conducted so that students can be brought to ATPL levels in Ground Subjects.
The flying training starts in the second semester of the course and the trainees are given charge of Zlin / TB-20 Aircraft. Then following the second semester trainees are made familiar with Multiengine training on King aircraft following DGCA syllabus and guidelines upto CPL level.
Computer Based Training (CBT) System
To add much more knowledge to the trainees mind IGRUA has established a state of the art CBT lab. Currently there are 18 work stations, and more are planned to come soon. Multimedia presentations, Video tutorials on every subject help students to concentrate better on the subjects resulting in better ranking and final scores. Multimedia projectors both in classroom and labs enable teachers to teach the students with a more efficient way.
IGRUA conducts a two and half day CRM workshop four times a year. The dates are scheduled along with Instructors refresher Course. Students have to pay a fee of Rs 10,000 in advance.
Before attending a MCC course a student must have attended a two and a half day CRM workshop. The duration of the MCC course is 10 days which includes
- Ground Technical refresher training on DA-42 Aircraft, with 15 hours being in classroom training and
- 10 hours flying training on DA-42 FNPT by a highly qualified Ex-Airline Instructor.
The fee of the course is Rs 75,000/- per candidate and one has to pay the fee in advance.
Why should one choose IGRUA?
There are many reasons which definitely will make you choose IGRUA for your training.
- The only premier institute in South Asia established under the Government Of India
- Providing Quality training for a period of two decades
- Highly experienced flying instructors who got their experience from civil/military flying
- IGRUA has established Management contract with foreign aviation academies like Global Aviation Giant –UAE , CANADA
- DGCA has approved IGRUA for conducting Refresher courses for chief flying instructors
- The probability of the trainees to get placed in various airlines is immense
- To impart best knowledge to the trainees IGRUA has developed state of the art fleet with glass cockpits
- The fleet of IGRUA includes :- TB-20, Zlin, DA-40 and DA-42 aircraft for training in Single Engine and Multi Engine pilot training
- Commercial Pilot License Training is in Multi engine endorsement to Candidates belonging to Indian Airlines, BSF and Coast Guard
- Regular campus interviews are conducted by national carriers so that carrier opportunities can be provided to candidates
- Separate Boys and Girls Hostels
- Two boys hostel, old and new with old one having 72 rooms and able to accommodate 144 boys whereas the new hostel has 52 rooms and is able to accommodate 104 boys
- One girls hostel with 20 rooms where 40 girls can be accommodated
- Hostels are equipped with modular kitchens and well-equipped staff
- Facility of Gym, indoor sports, two indoor squash courts, badminton courts and grounds for playing outdoor games like cricket, football, basketball, volleyball etc.
- The entire campus is spread across 239 acres of land
- Personal Airspace for flying training
- Independent Runway of 1722 meters in length
- Well equipped hangers
- Flight simulators for aircrafts TB-20, DA-40 and DA-42
- Ground Training Facilities
- ISO certified
IGRUA Entrance Examinations
IGRUA conducts entrance examinations half yearly so that students can get admissions in various courses like CPL and BSC in IGRUA. The candidate who is willing to enter the IGRUA examination test must have passes 10+2 or with Physics, Math and English as the main subjects. General candidates must have a minimum aggregate of 55% of marks in Math and Physics whereas; SC / ST / OBC candidates must have a minimum aggregate of 50% in Math and Physics. The age limit of the course if 17 years at the time of joining.
|1.||Ab-initio to CPL Course||Rs. 32,50,000|
|2.||Diamond DA42 aircraft per hr||Rs. 33,000|
|3.||Trinidad TB20 Aircraft per hr||Rs. 24,000|
|4.||ZLIN aircraft per hr||Rs. 22,000|
|5.||Diamond DA40 aircraft per hr||Rs. 21,000|
|6.||Diamond DA42 Simulator per hr||Rs. 7,500|
|7.||Diamond DA40 / TB20 Simulator per hr||Rs. 5,000|
|8.||WOMBAT Aptitude Test||Rs. 5,000|
Applicable service Taxes will be charged at 12.36%.
Future Scope at IGRUA
IGRUA Has extension plans as a university. Rahul Gandhi himself made a commitment in a program which was held in the year 2011 for making this happen.
Also Read : Best Flying Schools in India